Bite Back in Schools: Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The competition terms
1. 1. The following terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to the School Food Champions Competition 2023 ("Competition") run by Bite Back 2030 ("we", "our", "us") on our website at www.biteback2030.com ("our Website").
1. 2. We are a charity, with charity number 1180969 and company number 11408816, whose registered office is Benwell House, 15-21 Benwell Road, London, N7 7BL, United Kingdom.
1. 3. You should speak to your parent / guardian / youth worker if you are not sure what these Terms mean and get them to explain these Terms to you before you participate in the Competition.
2. The Competition
2. 1. The Competition will be a group competition where groups of individuals from the same school ("Group") compete to score the most points.
2. 2. Each Group will be led by an adult / teacher over the age of 18 ("Group Representative").
3. How to enter
3.1. The Competition will run from 00:00 on 22 September 2023 (the "Start Date") to 23:59 on 1 January 2023 (the "Closing Date") inclusive.
3.2. Group Representatives must register their Group on the Bite Back 2030 Competition website before submitting an entry to the Competition ("Competition Entry").
3.3. All Competition Entries must be received by us via this link, by no later than 23:59 on the Closing Date. All Competition Entries received after this time are automatically disqualified.
3.5. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
3.6. By submitting a Competition Entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms.
3.7. There is a limit of one Competition Entry per Group. Competition Entries on behalf of another Group will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
3.8. We accept no responsibility for Competition Entries not successfully completed.
4.1 Each participant in the Group ("Participant") must be 11-18 years old on the date they sign-up (apart from the Group Representative). Participants under the age of 13 must have the consent of a parent or guardian before beginning which can be indicated on our Website upon sign-up.
4.2. The following people cannot enter this competition:
- 4.2.1. employees of ours or our affiliated companies;
- 4.2.2. employees of agents or suppliers of ours or our holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the Competition or its administration; or
- 4.2.3. members of the immediate families or households of the people referred to in Conditions 4.2.1 or 4.2.2 above.
4.3. In entering the Competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. We may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition.
4.4. We reserve the right to refuse:
- 4.4.1. entry into the Competition; or
5. Competition activity
5. 1. Participants should complete the activities that are associated with points and log the required evidence of completion via our Website by the Closing Date ("Logged Activities"). The Logged Activities and the required evidence will be specified on our Website from time to time and will include the activities set out below. For each Logged Activity, the Participant will receive the number of points as set out below for their Group:
- Take a Quiz = 10 Points
- Sign Petition = 10 points
- Email to Target / MP = 15 points
- Tweet to Target / MP = 15 points
- Submit an Image = 20 points
- Submit a Written Testimonial = 20 points
- Submit a Video = 30 points
- Submit a Voice Note = 30 points
- Make a Phone Call = 50 points
5.2. If we find that a Group Representative or Participant has created multiple accounts or logged false information or activities in order to increase their chances of increasing the amount of points accumulated, then the points accumulated by those activities will be excluded from calculating the total points of their Group.
5.3. We accept no responsibility for activities not successfully logged due to a technical fault (including a technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure) of any kind.
6.1. Each Group's chances of winning will depend on the number of points validly accrued on our website in accordance with these Terms between the Start Date and Closing Date ("Total Points"). Logged Activities received after the Closing Date will not be valid.
6.2. The Total Points will then be divided by the number of Participants in each Group ("Weighted Group Score").
6.3. The 5 Groups with the highest Total Points and 5 Groups with the highest Weighted Group Scores will be named the winners ("Winner").
6.4. Each Winner will be notified to the Group Representative by email to the email address provided at the time they entered the Competition within 10 business days of the Closing Date.
6.5. Within 10 business days of receiving that email, the Winner must reply to confirm they have received that email and, if required by us, provide all information that we require including an email address to claim their prize. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on behalf of the Winner.
6.6. If the Winner does not confirm receipt and / or provide the necessary information within 10 days, that Winner will forfeit the prize and we will be entitled to award the prize to the next Group in accordance with the number of points the Group has earned.
7. Prize packs
7.1. Each Winner will receive Bite Back merchandise and GLS Education Supplies vouchers, or reasonable substitutes of approximately equivalent value if we are unable to provide that item for a reason outside of our control ("Prize Pack").
7.2. The prizes will be allocated to the Winners will be as follows:
7.2.1. the 5 Groups with highest Total Points will receive the following value in vouchers:
- £250; and
- £100, and
7.2.2. the 5 Groups with highest Weighted Group Scores will receive the following value in vouchers:
- £250; and
7.3. Each Winner may only receive a maximum of one Prize Pack.
7.4. The Prize Pack will be emailed to the Group Representative of each Winner within 30 days of responding to us in accordance with Condition 6.4.
7.5. How the Prize Pack for Winners is used should be decided by the Group, led by the Group Representative.
7.6. The Prize Pack:
- is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered; and
- does not include any costs required by the Winner to claim or use their Prize Pack such as travel and accommodation. The Winner is responsible for any and all costs such as travel and accommodation required to claim or use their Prize Pack.
8. Winner publicity
8. 2. If you do not consent to the name of your school being made available to the public if you are selected as a Winner, you should communicate that by email to email@example.com before the Closing Date of the Competition.
9. Your data and content
9. 3. Aside from your personal data, you also agree that we may use any of the content you upload onto our Website for our general purposes as a charity. When you upload content to our Website, you grant us and other users of the website, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, and transferable licence to use that content forever. We have the right to edit, remove, or request that you edit any of your content, if we reasonably believe that it is required. For example, if you include any personal information about other individuals in the content, we may request that you remove these references.
9. 4. Uses by us of your content will include, but are not limited to:
- research purposes;
- social media;
- on our website;
- other forms of digital communications; and
- to inform policy conversations with third parties.
10. 1. We reserve the right to:
- vary these Terms if it becomes reasonably necessary for us to do so in order to protect our charity or the Participants;
- hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so; and
- exclude Participants from the Competition and our Website due to misuse or breach of these Terms.
10. 2. Insofar as is permitted by law, we, our affiliates, our agents or suppliers will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the Participants or Winners of the Competition or accept any liability resulting from participation in the Competition nor for any loss or damage occurring as a result of receiving the Prize Pack except where it is caused by the negligence of us, our affiliates, our agents or our suppliers. Your statutory rights are not affected.
10. 3. These Terms are governed by English law. If any Participants wish to enter into court proceedings, then they must do this within the courts in the United Kingdom.