Brand Development Manager
- Salary: 32-40k £ FTE gross per annum
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: Full time
- Location: London / Hybrid / Remote
- People can work flexibly as per Bite Back 2030’s hybrid working policy noting that office based employees are expected to be in the office 2 days per week; remote staff are required to travel to our London HQ at least once a month.
- NB This is a UK based role; you must have the right to work in the UK to be considered.
- Reporting to: Chief Brand Officer
Do you want to work with a vibrant, dynamic and youth driven organisation that is committed to creating healthy futures for British children by improving the food system?
Be part of the creative, agile and growing team behind Bite Back 2030’s exceptional teenage activists. Join us as our Brand Development Manager and contribute to our journey to help make the food system healthier and fairer. See below for more details about the role and how to apply.
At Bite Back 2030 we are committed to ensuring our staff is representative of the diverse world around us and therefore encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. At Bite Back we are inclusive and want to ensure we uphold our multicultural environment.
About Bite Back 2030
We’re surrounded by junk food. From the moment we're born, every second of every day, children are being targeted. Giant companies manipulate them with colourful, cuddly, clever marketing, deceive them with packaging claims and pump products at them that are full of junk. It's become the cultural wallpaper. Now, it risks destroying the health of a generation.
In the UK, nearly a third of children aged 2-15 are now at future risk of developing food-related conditions like type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
The good news is, it's totally preventable. And we're biting back.
Bite Back is a youth activist movement challenging a food system that's been set up to fool us all by:
1) Calling out the manipulation of the junk food giants.
2) Demanding higher standards from food marketing and from everyday food itself.
3) Mobilising and equipping young people in the fight for better food.
We do all this so we can bite back against a global epidemic of food-related ill health.
This is a new role and an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal part in taking the work of Bite Back to new audiences and strengthening public understanding of our issue. You will need to enjoy working with bold, brave young people to get the world thinking differently about food and children’s health.
The Brand Development Manager will directly support the Chief Brand Officer in all aspects of their work including organising events, helping to manage celebrity ambassadors, project management of brand campaigns, and writing funding bids.
The successful candidate will be happy to turn their hand to pretty much anything and will be excited by the prospect of building the awareness and reputation of our youth activist movement.
Collaboration across all our teams will be essential so this will suit someone who thrives in an energetic, fast paced and bold environment and who is comfortable working both independently and across a range of areas on more than one deliverable at a time.
The Brand Development Manager will work with the Chief Brand Officer to grow the reach and positive recognition of the Bite Back brand, our narrative, and our young people in the UK and beyond.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Chief Brand Office to shape the plan for brand development.
- Supporting collaboration with partner organisations and brands that bolster and compliment the Bite Back narrative and mission.
- Relationship management of key allies - individuals or corporate contacts.
- Working with the monitoring and evaluation team to report on how our brand is performing year on year.
- Ensuring all teams across the organisation are up to date with our work to drive optimum return on investment from brand development work.
- Working closely with the youth team to ensure all brand activities deliver a beneficial and safe experience for our young people.
- Project management of contracts and deliverables.
- Working with the Chief Brand Officer and the CEO to draft funding bids.
- Management of events that promote the brand and narrative.
Skills / experience (required)
The ideal candidate would have the following experience and qualities:
- Able to think strategically and turn ideas into action
- A proven track record of project management and of supporting multiple strands of work
- Great communication skills and the ability to inspire others and positively influence both internally and externally
- A self starter with creative ideas for evolving the Bite Back brand
- Events management and a good understanding of external speaking opportunities
- Relationship management including with high profile and high net worth individuals
- Budget management
- Strong written skills and experience of bid writing
- Experience of identifying potential brand partnership opportunities
You will be able to show the following qualities:
- A bold and open mind - you will be prepared to think differently about issues.
- A level head - you will be comfortable working both reactively and proactively.
- A sense of humour - we believe work should be fun and that we all perform at our very best when we enjoy what we do.
- Creativity - you will come at issues from new and unusual angles and be prepared to work hard on finding fresh and surprising angles.
- Resilience - you will be prepared to keep going or as our values say, set back won't set you back.
- A passion for our mission.
Skills / experience (desired):
- Experience in working with young people is welcomed but not essential.
How to Apply
Please apply with a CV and a statement answering the following questions:
- Why and how does the Bite Back mission resonate with you? (250 words)
- Tell us about your experience of supporting the growth of a brand; what role did you play and what were your strengths and areas for development? (400 words)
- Tell us about a project you have managed. How did you ensure key milestones were met? What was your approach to managing stakeholders both internally and externally? (400 words)
- Tell us about the top three values you hold. How do they influence the way you work? (400 words)
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on the 29th of November
Initial virtual interviews are expected to take place on the 6th of December and in person second round interviews will take place on the 11th of December in London.
If you would like to speak to someone about the role, please contact Nicki Whiteman email@example.com for any more information.